February 19, 2023

Kindergarten Connection

Your child's week with Mrs. DeLapa

    Last Week

Thank you for your participation with our 100th day. The children enjoyed telling the class about their projects. We told whose idea it was and what part each of them had in making the project. Our party was big fun as well. Thank you to all the volunteers who made this a special time learning how much 100 really is. 💯

We enjoyed our Valentine's party SO much! What fun it was distributing our valentines and having them to open with our ground-ups at home. Each of the stations were well planned by our volunteers and the children liked each of the very much. Thanks so much to those parents who made this happen for us. We appreciate you all so much! ❤

Reading groups are going well during Daily 5. Please be sure a day doesn’t pass where you have not
read to/with your child. I cannot emphasize enough how important and powerful reading each day is for growing readers.
Have your child choose some books to read to you (from our growing pile of books that have come home)
and others for you to read to him/her. I hope this is the best part of your day together ☺.

I hope you enjoyed your long weekend friends! What a nice surprise that was on Friday morning. 🙌

__________________________________________________________


Snack and Leaders


Your child will come home with the Leader bag the night before his/her leader day. There is a notebook inside with directions for sharing both a snack with the class and a Show and Tell item. Please refer to the calendar in the back of your child's take home folder for leader and other important dates.


February 20-Aiden

February 21-J.D.

February 22-Larkin

February 23-Owen 1/2*

February 24-Ryland 1/2*

February 27-Brinley


We now have 25 children in our class.

*denotes birthday

Due to allergies, please refrain from sending snacks that contain any kind of nut. Thank you!

We will snack in the morning each day. It is not necessary for you to send a snack with your child, as the leader provides it each day.  Thank you for sending a leak-proof water bottle with your child each day.

______________________________________________________________


Next Week 


Our Positivity Project trait is OPM-Being Present and Giving Others My Attention. I’m present and listen to others.


On Tuesday Mrs. Soyk will be subbing in our room as I assess each student one on one. I look forward to having each of them to myself for a brief time. I love determining what each child knows and planning next steps in their learning.


I will be out on Wednesday going to U of Chicago with my husband. His treatment has been going well and it is time for a current PET scan and bone marrow biopsy. They tell the full story with regard to his cancer. We are expecting good news.  

Mr. Werner will be our guest teacher this day. The kiddos enjoy him and I'm sure they will have a good day. 


Mr. Werner will also be teaching in our room on Friday for the 1/2 day (I was so glad he was available both days). My daughter is surprising her husband with a weekend away and I get to spend the weekend with my 3 wonderful grands in Memphis. I can't wait to be part of the surprise and have this sweet time with my little ones.

     

February 22-Brown School Lego Night-5:30-7:00. This is a family event, all are welcome!

Thursday and Friday, February 23, 24--1/2 day of school--Parent/Teacher conferences

I have reached out to those I would like to meet with. If you haven't heard from me and would like a conference, please let me know.


Upcoming Events


March is Reading Month Special Days



Friday, March 3-End of Trimester 2-1/2 day of school for students


Tuesday, March 14--Science Night



Spring break begins Friday, March 17 through Friday, March 24.

School resumes Monday, March 27.


Friday, March 31--Brown School Variety Show


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 23, 2022

February 12, 2023

February 5, 2023